Construction management is concerned with the design and construction of buildings and has become more complex as technology and the mechanisation of the building process have developed.Construction managers need excellent interpersonal skills as well as in-depth technical knowledge of all aspects of construction process so that they can handle the responsibility of managing multimillion dollar projects.
Students will develop a good understanding of the factors affecting the design, procurement, sustainability and life-cycle of buildings focusing particular on economics, legal and managerial considerations.
A degree in Construction Management can lead to a stimulating and varied career with extensive travel. Career prospects for Construction Management Graduates are good in this region as there is a pent up demand. Most of the graduated go into construction management working for multi-national contractors and consultancies and also for organizations in the supply chain. However, the skills that are obtained within the programme albeit focused around construction, can be applied into other areas such as financial control and project planning of resource, as well as the transferable skills that have acquired.
- Fully accredited by the Chartered Association of Building Engineers, UK (Chartered member could register as a Chartered Building Engineer, UK).
- Fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Degree taught in LJMU is fully accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Three (3) intakes a year – Jan, May, September.
These are the most common jobs students go into after graduating:
- Real Estate Management Executive
- Site Engineer
- Building Surveyor
Year 1 Entry:
- ‘A’ level holders will have to complete the programme over 24 months, starting from year 1.
Year 2 Entry:
- A relevant Polytechnic Diploma (or Equivalent) in the built environment discipline.
- Advanced Diploma in Construction Management by Trent Global College of Technology and Management.
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the University.
Language Proficiency : English O Level min. C6.
All applications are subject to approval from Liverpool John Moores University.
** Currently only accepting students direct to Year 2 Entry.