The discipline of project management has become central to the management approach adopted by numerous international industries in both public and private sector. From the construction and property industries to information technology and heavy industry, there is growing recognition of the benefits strategic project management can bring.
This programme equips graduates with the knowledge and skills to develop successful careers as professional project managers in the construction industry and beyond. Taught from the perspective of construction project management, with principles that apply far beyond this sector, this programme provides students with access to both a solid theoretical base and current and future strategies in practical project management.
Construction Project Management at Heriot-Watt University is one of the longest-running programmes of its kind in the UK. Students tend to come from the construction industry, bringing with them practical experience in a variety of built environment roles, or from other professional backgrounds but with an interest in converting to a career in the construction industry.
- Recognised by BCA, For the registration of QS in the public sector panels of Consultants.
- Fully accredited by Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Fully accredited by Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Fully accredited by Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES)
- Fully accredited by the Chartered Association of Building Engineers, UK (Chartered member could register as a Chartered Building Engineer, UK).
- Singapore Institute of Buildings (eligible to apply for Full Membership)
Two (2) intakes a year – Jan & September.
These are the most common jobs students go into after graduating:
- Project Manager
- Site Engineer
- Building Surveyor